Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What's up with U2?

I admit this is a band that I've loved over many years now, so I kinda felt "obliged" to go out and buy "No line on the horizon" and ... I was utterly disappointed :( I felt like they are trying hard to get back to their roots in alternative music, but all that came out was sugary pop with some hummable tunes and meaningless lyrics! I think their magic ended with "Achtung Baby" with some hit singles following that.

The stature of the band has grown immensely over the years with all the causes that they support, but I should say I didn't like the whole "Red campaign" which somehow justified consumerism as long as it was for a good cause. Not a responsible thing to advocate in this day and age in my view.

Anyway, I am still listening to "No Line"...maybe repeated listening will work or should I just wait for Radiohead's next?

That's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment