Monday, January 13, 2014

Three Generation of one-time liars

My maiden attempt to tell a funny story in verse. Some of it happened as is, and for the rest I've taken poetic license

====================================================
“Mama I’ve lied” she cried
"I know I’ve been bad
Didn't want to make you sad
Throwing out my report card
As my grades weren't up to par
Now I know I have no recourse
As you have an inside source
And as my plans went bust
Didn’t want to lose your trust"

“Mama I’ve lied” she cried
Braced herself for the bumpy ride
There she stood a figure so sorry
But all that she got was....
A hug and a story!


Now, now, dear. Don't fret my baby
Argus with hundred eyes, I maybe
But this wise mom was a child once
Who did things best fit for a dunce
"Papa I've lied" I had cried
I know I've been bad
Didn't want to make you mad
To your numerous warnings, i paid no heed
Ambling along alleys, caught up in greed
Like a pirate on rampage hunting for gold
Looking for treasures on streets so cold
Lost in the labyrinth, when darkness came down
Until I was found with tears streaming down


"Papa I've lied" I cried
Braced myself for the bumpy ride
There I stood a figure so sorry
But all that I got was ...
A hug and a story!

Now now dear, don't fret my baby
Theseus in a labyrinth I maybe
But this wise man was a child once
Who did things best fit for a dunce
To dad's numerous warnings, I paid no heed
Ambling along orchards, caught up in greed
Craving for blueberries, that tasted like manna
Dived under a fence, stole and did a runner
Feasted on them till i could take no more
Washed the stains off, till my tongue was sore
'til the news reached him embellished like a story

And there I stood a figure so sorry
But all that I got was....
No hugs, no stories, and no dinner too
Just plain old tirade and a smack or two
Since then no berries and no lies for me
This is my message for you from me

So you see my dear, we've all been there
Three generation of one-time liars
Terrible at lying although we were
At least we got a story to share

1 comment:

  1. That was fantastic story about a story of 3 generations who didn't come up with a "story" to hide facts! Loved it. It sounds better as a poem rather than in prose.

    ReplyDelete